Monday, November 29, 2010

Starting Here, Starting Now...

There are many motivating factors that have contributed to my starting this blog. For a long while I've considered starting a blog and did not do it. In the spirit of Creating Value with What Is (CVWWI) I knew that at some point I would take to beginning.

I generally do better in conversation. My ideas get response, my words have time to form and there is a bit more in the way of bio-feedback. Writing to my computer causes me to pause and then stall and then give up. I am determined to continue even in the pause and stalls.

I need to improve my skills of writing. So I welcome any and all critique of content or form. I want to develop my writing skills because I have so many ideas and I want to write a book someday. I am far more elegant speaker than writer, but I do not want to leave it at that.

My writing may be all over the place, without much rhyme or reason at first. Again, this is the idea for me behind CVWWI. For a long while I've been convincing myself that I will write when I feel that i am a better writer. Well, I can only become a better writer by writing as a bad or even mediocre writer.

By reading my work and offering critique, flames, response in general, my writing skills will improve via crowd sourcing.

The idea of CVWWI comes from my spiritual practice of SGI Buddhism and professional practice of Gestalt Therapy. I'll write more about these in detail in the near future. I have so many ideas about how these two passions can be mutually supportive. Again, when I am ready...

Does this idea of CVWWI mean that I don't take action to change my present circumstances? Of course not, but it is an easy loophole to get stuck in. CVWWI is simply a starting point, but one that often gets missed.

In posts to come I will talk about what Creating Value means and then what What Is means. I'll probably write about other topics too.

I like metaphors. I like dumping out the current moment contents of my mind and then arranging them into a coherent collage. Now I am not sure if that constitutes a metaphor. More to learn.

My high school English teacher, Ms. Vernacchio, described me as Edison's Life Long Learner. I've always held that as one of the highest praise I have ever received. I have so much to learn.

I am determined to create value with what is. What is right now might not be all that interesting to you and yet that lack of interest is what is.

So I've finally started this blog. Nice work.




Okay, so I almost published this post and then got scared. I want you to know that this blog will be a mix of commentary on current events that are of interest to me, a place for me to share the musings of my mind, and a place for me to discover what this place becomes. What I want most of all is honest response, which obviously can include no response at all.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your launch. No matter what you say...if it's from you, it's new. If it's your truth, it matters. Sing out, Brad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read more! Congratulations on starting off on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very supportive of this endeavor. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete