Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Creating Value with Weight Watchers...

You may or may not know that I come from a family that has not just struggled with weight, but has suffered significant health problems due to obesity.

I have fought tooth and nail to not become obese, but I've always carried extra weight and I knew that it would get no easier once I hit my 30s. Well, am approaching 32. The time has come (once again - NEVER GIVE UP) to try again.

The Creating Value with What Is aspect of this is as follows: because of my possibly inherited genetic predisposition to weight gain and my certainly inherited attitudes and behaviors around food, I have this wonderful opportunity to not only transform my realities with food, but also stop this karmic chain in my family with me!

I can change karma going 7 generations back and 7 generations forward! Think about it! When I am successful with this challenge, I will not only set up my own children with better habits around food, but I have also changed the consequences of the actions of my parents, grandparents, and so on!

So about two months ago, I found out that my work would be subsidizing Weight Watchers for anyone who was interested. I tried WW before with relative success, but I always found a way around the plan. I decided to give it another shot.

As expected, I am the one male in a room of about 20 females in the WW meeting. This doesn't cause me too much problem and I am used to being the only male around. But the thing is, we're in week 6 or so and I have GAINED 5 pounds. WTF!

It's not a big surprise. I love sweets and given my current stressors, I've been coping with food.

I am framing this as an experiment. I am going to post my daily foods and points, along with weekly weigh-ins to Creating Value with What Is to attempt to maintain compliance.

My goal is to lose 40 pounds, which would take me to 195. At a safe rate of 2 pounds per week, I can do this is 20 weeks. I can do this! I will do this.

And for the record, this is not about vanity. This is about health. My mother died at 54. I have 23 years to prepare my body to live 46 more years than she did.

Now you may or may not be interested in my weight loss challenge, but my hope is that your imagined interest will help me to hold myself accountable!






No comments:

Post a Comment