Sunday, December 5, 2010

Good Radiation....NPR Junkie....



Yes, it's true. I only listen to NPR. Since I was 15. That's 16 years of NPR. In 6 different cities.

But lately listening to NPR arouses anxiety and encourages depression, for me. NPR is so frustratingly transparent. NPR is so mostly unbiased and/or biased with awareness. NPR is straightforward, creative, provocative, interesting, stirring.....

Sometimes, I wish I could just be a numbed out FOX viewer. It's on at the gym and the laundromat (all 4 laundromats that I've tried in the area; is there something about FOX and public laundry?). I try. I really do. And some of the anchors are attractive. But I just cannot drink the cool-aid.

So maybe the answer for me is to tune out altogether. People who have no awareness of current events seem happy. Right?

The self imposed pressure of needing to seek resolution to the world's problems is getting to me. I wish I could just lighten up! Both the being so damn serious and the wishing I could lighten up are what is. So again, how do I create value?

Self centered again. Is it unavoidable? Paradoxically, more often than not I need to be more focused on my health and wellness, more self centered.

Listen to the rap. It's really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment